24 Jan 2012

Happy Lunar New Year

 You know,

Lunar New Year means red packets and goodies when I was young...

and when I grew older,

it still signifies the same thing to me, except I learnt the importance of it.

This isn't really a very oriental nail i admit but i didn't want that anyways...

The look i was going for was: Controlled glamour

and this advertisement inspired this nail:

yes duh i know there's nothing controlled about this glamour.

But sometimes its the opposite that inspires, right?

 I used: Chanel Peridot, special black polish

This polish is very special, it reminds me a little of an insect wing,

when you look at it from different angles the colour changes slightly.

It has this gold base with greenish tint. Fabulous.

So the whole night while i was having my reunion dinner i wondered:

How would this look if matted!

And TA-DA!

It is also pretty! I think closer to the Controlled Glamour thing I had in mind.

But it also erases the nice tint to the polish.

I like it all anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment