1 Dec 2011

Forest Snake

My Bundle Monster plates arrived yesterday...

I decided to do the fabled snake print since everyone keeps raving about it..

I must admit bundle monster plates are not easy to use at first, i was trying out stamping for an hour!
Nothing could be picked up neatly etc...
So i fiddled and fiddled, buffed my stamper a little, made sure the plates were clean...
Still no luck, so i decided to give it a rest.

1 hour later I'm back and trying again, BAM it works. Don't know why.

 A few colour combi's came to mind, I tested out some and turns out white + oyster OR green + oyster works for me. Since my China Glaze Starboard is severely underused...

First coat here, didn't take pictures for second coat, which did the trick of opaque-ness.

I was about to stamp on the snake scales but i remember a tutorial somewhere showing that patchy blended colours beneath looks awesome.

Apparently, i still have no clue how the patching thing works so I blended OPI Not like the movies (think oyster shell interior but darker. It's very very sheer so it works well here, makes my Starboard green become a tad purple holoish.

Obviously no snake is green with purple holo BUT A GIRL CAN DREAM.

Stamped on, no top coat yet...

Done!

Its sad because i use an IPhone camera and i can't really be bothered to MAKE that purple holo show on pictures, it a subtle thing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment